As the weather is up and down, we can often get colds, viruses or just feel lethargic and generally under the weather. This herbal vitamin C tea is a great pick me up!
Please note: Whilst these herbs are safe to drink for most people, allergies and medical interactions with medicines can still happen so we advise speaking to your health professional or herbalist first before taking any herbs internally.
Vitamin C Blend
Use any measuring tool you like as long as you stick to the same tool for each ingredient. We use an egg cup!
- 3 parts red clover
- 2 parts hibiscus
- 1 part lemongrass
- 1/4 part cinnamon
- honey to taste
- Mix all of the above mix together to make one tea blend.
- Take your teapot and add 1 teaspoon of the above mix to the teapot for every 1 mug of tea required.
- Add 1 mug of boiling water from the kettle to the teapot for every 1 mug of tea required.
- Mix briefly with a spoon, add a lid and allow to steep for 5-10 minutes depending on how strong you like your tea.
- Using a tea strainer over your mug, pour the tea into your mug from the teapot making sure you catch all (or at least most of them) the herbs into the tea strainer.
- Drink as is or add honey to taste.
- Store the mix in air tight container and keep in a cool dark place.