We all have time where we need to relax and sometimes there is nothing more soothing that sitting down with a hot cup of tea in your favourite mug. Over the coming weeks we will be sharing with you our favourite herbal blends of teas that you can make yourself. Here is our first, the relaxation blend.
Please note: Whilst these herbs are safe to drink for most people, allergies and medical interactions with medicines can still happen so we advise speaking to your health professional or herbalist first before taking any herbs internally.
Use any measuring tool you like as long as you stick to the same tool for each ingredient. We use an egg cup!
- 3 parts chamomile
- 2 parts calendula
- 2 parts lemon verbena
- 1 part rose petals
- Mix all of the above mix together to make one tea blend.
- Take your teapot and add 1 teaspoon of the above mix to the teapot for every 1 mug of tea required.
- Add 1 mug of boiling water from the kettle to the teapot for every 1 mug of tea required.
- Mix briefly with a spoon, add a lid and allow to steep for 5-10 minutes depending on how strong you like your tea.
- Using a tea strainer over your mug, pour the tea into your mug from the teapot making sure you catch all (or at least most of them) the herbs into the tea strainer.
- Drink as is or add honey to taste.
- Store the mix in air tight container and keep in a cool dark place.