Welcome back to our mug cake recipe series! With our half pint mugs also being microwave safe, this mug cake recipe will be easy to make as well as being a good sized portion!
Found that pot of glacé cherries at the back of your cupboard and not sure how to use them? Our Vanilla & Cherry Bomb Mug Cake is the perfect treat all year round and comes with a sweet surprise at the bottom!
4 tablespoons self raising flour
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 medium egg
1 tablespoon milk
1 teaspoon sunflower oil
1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
7 glacé cherries
1. Firstly, chop up the glacé cherries into quarters and put them to one side.
2. In one of our Doris & Co Half Pint mugs, add the flour and granulated sugar mix together.
3. Add the egg and mix until most of the mixture is covered.
3. Next, add the vanilla essence, milk and oil and stir until smooth – make sure to mix in the dry mixture at the bottom.
4. Mix in most of the cherries into the cake mix.
5. Place the mug in the centre of the microwave and cook for approximately 1 1/2 minutes. Cooking time may vary, so keep an eye on it just in case it takes less or more time to cook.
6. Once out of the microwave, sprinkle the rest of the chopped cherries on top.