Welcome to our brand new mug cake recipe series, where there will be a mixture of different types of cake that you can cook inside our Doris & Co Mugs. With our half pint mugs also being microwave safe, this mug cake recipe will be easy to make as well as being a good sized portion!
Sometimes you need to be Made of Stern Stuff, but sometimes you also need a little extra chocolate. Our chocolate mug cake recipe is perfect for any time of day when you need a little chocolate goodness!
4 tablespoons self raising flour
4 tablespoons caster sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
1 medium egg
3 tablespoons milk
1 tablespoon sunflower oil
2 tablespoon plain or milk chocolate chocolate drops
1. In one of our Doris & Co Half Pint mugs, add the flour, sugar and cocoa powder and mix together.
2. Add the egg and mix until most of the mixture is covered.
3. Next, add the milk and oil and stir until smooth – make sure to mix in the dry mixture at the bottom.
4. Lastly, add the chocolate drops.
5. Place the mug in the centre of the microwave and cook for approximately 2 minutes. Cooking time may vary, so keep an eye on it just in case it takes less or more time to cook.