Welcome back to our mug cake recipe series! With our half pint mugs also being microwave safe, this mug cake recipe will be easy to make as well as being a good sized portion!
Originally devised in the 1970s, carrot cake is now a staple in most coffee shops, however you can now make one quickly and easily in one of our Doris & Co half pint mugs.
4 tablespoons plain flour
4 tablespoons granulated sugar
3 heaped tablespoons of grated carrot
1 medium egg
1 tablespoon milk
1 tablespoon sunflower oil
1 teaspoon baking powder
A pinch of cinnamon
1. Firstly, grate a carrot and put to one side – you will need enough for 3 tablespoons worth.
2. In one of our Doris & Co Half Pint mugs, add the flour, baking powder and granulated sugar and mix together.
3. Then add the grated carrot and cinnamon to the mix.
3. Next, add egg, milk and oil and stir until smooth – make sure to mix in the dry mixture at the bottom.
4. Place the mug in the centre of the microwave and cook for approximately 2 minutes. Cooking time may vary, so keep an eye on it just in case it takes less or more time to cook.