Welcome back to our mug cake recipe series! With our half pint mugs also being microwave safe, this mug cake recipe will be easy to make as well as being a good sized portion!
Black Forest Gateau is one of the most well known chocolate cakes and now you can enjoy a chocolate treat with whipped cream and cherries, whenever you like!
4 tablespoons plain flour
4 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
1 medium egg
3 tablespoon milk
2 tablespoon sunflower oil
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon vanilla essence
2 tablespoons chopped glacé cherries
1. Firstly, chop the cherries into quarters and put to one side – you will need enough for 2 tablespoons worth.
2. In one of our Doris & Co Half Pint mugs, add the flour, baking powder, cocoa powders and granulated sugar and mix together.
3. Next, add egg, milk, vanilla essence and oil and stir until smooth – make sure to mix in the dry mixture at the bottom.
4. Stir in the chopped cherries.
5. Place the mug in the centre of the microwave and cook for approximately 2 minutes. Cooking time may vary, so keep an eye on it just in case it takes less or more time to cook.
6. Top with whipped cream and cherries.